Saturday, July 7, 2012

ARCHOS 101 G9 Turbo


I have it for 14 days now. It's like I read in other reviews:
  • cheap housing - but good enough, 
  • has problems with touch in bottom left corner - not a show stopper,
  • without back camera - not a con; why do you need back camera on tablet anyway,
  • GPS problem - without network locks after reboot (boots faster than my HTC Desire HD),
  • impressive movies performance
[update] Touch is really bad and edges should be wider.


I wanted a cheap tablet for my first tablet to see whether such a device fits in my lifestyle. I decided to go with the best cheap variant available to me at the time - 10" screen, dual core & ICS for 250EUR on Amazon (but I got a bit cheaper :) ). I got the 8GB variant and now that I have installed more apps than I need there is still half of space left. I could still expand it with uSD card but hopefully I won't need to. I don't intend to use it for movies, musics, pictures and eBooks - straight forward network media is what I desire.
It also seems that it is based on totally same hardware as non Turbo device - there is sticker that says "Turbo" on the bottom edge which I immediately pealed off (and put it back to take pictures and then pealed it off again - I hate stickers).


I don't know any better so I'm satisfied with it and I actually use it every day. It is more than fine for RSS reading (still deciding: Reader HD or gReader app), YouTube, maps, emails and Skype (or Google hangouts). With conservative usage it went for more than 4 days (see image below - there was unfinished charge after 4 days).









No comments:

Post a Comment